17 Aug About Costa Rica
Costa Rica is one of the world’s most unique tourist destinations. The natural beauty, stunning beaches, pleasant climate and the peaceful easy going nature of Costa Ricans make the country an attractive, must see part of the world.
Why visit Costa Rica?
- Social and political stability, it’s the oldest Democracy in Latin America
- Strategic geographic location
- Unique natural attractions
- Tremendous diversity in a small territory: Steaming volcanoes, mountains, rivers, Pacific and Atlantic Coast, micro climates, rain forest, cloud forest and dry forest
- Costa Rica has nearly 5% of the world’s species of flora and fauna in 0.03% of the earth’s surface. It has a wide diversity of habitats, climates and scenery
- Rich natural and scenic heritage is protected in a country-wide system of national parks and private reserves. It has more preserved nature than any other country
- Unrivaled adventure activities: forest hikes, whitewater rafting, zip lining by the tree canopy and all ocean adventures like scuba diving, sea kayaking, swimming, surfing, etc.
- Natural hospitality: Survey after survey, the innate friendliness of the Costa Rican people is cited as one of our country’s greatest assets
- Excellent medical services
- Environmental Performance Index
- 5th in the world
- 1st in Latin America
- 30% of the budget is invested in education -Best educational system in Latin America, 36th worldwide, World Economic Forum, 2007-2008